The Henika District Library offers free wireless Internet connectivity to the general public. The access point name for users is Henika Public WiFi. Our WiFi is available 24/7. Signal strength is best in the parking lots and the front porch.
Wireless Internet access will allow patrons to:
- Have immediate Internet access using their own devices rather than waiting for an available library computer
- Connect to the Internet without time limits
- Download files onto their own devices.
- Use their own software and have access to their own files.
Wireless users should be aware:
- Wireless access is filtered and is available to users who are adults, and to minors (under 18 years of age) who are accompanied by a parent or guardian, in compliance with Michigan P.S. 212. Internet use is monitored. Users who are found to be using the wireless network to access pornography or other sexually explicit material will be barred from using the network.
- Users are responsible for adherence to any copyright, licensing and other laws and regulations, including but not limited to pornography and defamatory speech.
- A wireless network is less secure than a wired network. Be a savvy user!
- Staff assistance is not available to help users with downloading, configuring, connecting or operating your equipment. If you need more assistance than we can provide we will help you find resources and classes that are available.
- Use of the Library's wireless network is at the users own risk. The Henika District Library assumes no responsibility for any damages, direct or indirect, arising from the use of the wireless network. The Library makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the wireless Internet service provided.
- Printing is not possible on the wireless connection.
In order to print a document you must sign in to a library workstation.
The Henika District Library does use a filtering system on its network to protect against sexually undesirable content. Filtering, however, is an imperfect tool, and patrons are forewarned that this is no guarantee against offensive material appearing.